Most girls decide to become stewards at a young age. This is one of the best careers you can choose. But making your dream come true won’t be easy. There are certain skills, roles and responsibilities you need to meet to become a flight attendant. To be a part of this aviation family, you need to have a good understanding of how the aviation industry works.
Flying is the dream of many people, and if you have the will to pursue your dream and make it a career, then this is definitely the right time for you to take action.
Flight Attendant Career details
There is no doubt that the growth scenario of the airline industry worldwide has clearly shown that the scope of work of flight attendants has increased in today’s world. Several vocational colleges in India offer a good opportunity for a flight attendant to pursue her dream. Since the focus of a career in aviation is flight attendants, you need to understand that this is a friendly, pleasant, even enthusiastic person with a good environmental solution.
The profession of flight attendant, also known as stewardess or crew member, is on the rise. Those who wish to choose this career in the aviation industry must obtain certain certificates and diplomas once they have completed Standard 12. Women or men who want to choose a career as a flight attendant will find great innovation here. This is a fast moving career with great opportunities in the same industry. If you enroll in courses like cabin crew or ground crew, you can all be part of reputable airlines.
If you want to be a part of the airline industry in terms of flight attendants, you understand that there is certainly an admission criteria on which selection is based. Whether or not you meet these criteria, you will have no problem succeeding.
Here are some things you should know.
- Whether you work nationally or internationally, it is important that you have a good command of English and some of the major foreign languages that are widely spoken.
- You must meet the age requirement of 18 to 26, as this is the most in-demand category these days.
- If you have a degree in hospitality, commerce or arts, or another solid degree from a reputable university, your chances of getting started in this industry double.
- There is also a height criterion. At least 157.5 centimeters with an appropriate weight, an appropriate size.
In addition, in some countries, a flight attendant must be single, have good eyesight, be in good health, not airsick and have a light complexion. If you meet the above criteria, you will be invited to a first selection, which will be followed by a written test, a personal interview and group interviews. Successful candidates will receive extensive but necessary training as part of the selection process.
Cabin crew duties
The first flight attendant was a German personality whose name, Heinrich Kubis, became known in the industry in 1912. The first female crew member was 25-year-old Lady Ellen Church, who was hired by United Airlines in 1930. These cabin crew are expected to be well dressed and groomed at all times. There are so many airlines that won’t even allow a flight attendant to get a piercing or tattoo. A flight attendant works with people from different cultures and backgrounds.
This job may seem rather luxurious and simple, but there are certain duties and responsibilities that a flight attendant must perform. A flight attendant is a person who performs certain tasks, such as. B. :
- Greet passengers with a warm welcome and a smile. A flight attendant should guide them until they are comfortable, as some passengers tend to be anxious about flying.
- The flight attendant must give the passengers a flight report. The information must be passed on correctly, for which training is also provided.
- It is important that passengers are provided with refreshments and meals for lunch, snacks or dinner at the desired times. This way the flight attendant can quickly serve the passengers when they are looking for her.
- In addition to serving passengers, the flight attendant must also write flight reports, provide passenger information and medical care, and ensure that the flight is as safe and stress-free as possible.
Training and courses for understanding
As mentioned above, once you meet an admission criterion and pass the selection test, you must take certain courses. This type of course combines both practical training and classroom instruction. You will be able to understand the different processes that usually take place in the aviation industry, as well as what someone needs to consider when flying.
Although this type of career is quite strong with women, nowadays men are not afraid to participate in it either. Ultimately, this type of career is suitable for all potential candidates who are fit for work and have the enthusiasm to be part of the industry.
- There are different types of courses that a flight attendant must take, such as. B. Emergency management, management skills, navigation skills, hospitality management and some general aviation and food preparation skills that may seem elementary but are extremely important. Moreover, there are numerous reputed institutes that can help you to be a part of aviation and become a stewardess or even a flight attendant. Candidates who wish to be considered for this career can apply directly to those who offer the appropriate degree and certifications.
- The selection of courses takes place immediately after the selection procedure, during which the candidate’s aptitude and communication skills are tested first. There are also entrance exams, which are usually organized by the institute or airline before the program begins. Candidates who pass the exam will be selected to participate in this program.
- Cabin Crew Training Diploma, Certificate Program, 6 months to 1 year Flight Attendant Diploma, 1 year Air Cargo Documentation Diploma Program, 1 year Travel and Hospitality Diploma Program and Ground Staff Professional Services, just to name a few of the flight attendant courses to be taken.
- In general, these courses can range from 6 months to up to 2 years, depending on the type of course you choose. You must understand that these courses have different phases, from the beginning to the middle, which must be mastered brilliantly.
- A candidate who chooses this career would do well to realize that participating in a BBA or MBA program can be an added benefit, as it provides a good understanding of emotional conversations, group discussions, and even the managerial entrance exam system and how it works.
It’s not a dying industry, and its reach is as important in today’s world as it has ever been. The pay is good, the work is serious, and you can develop your personality much better. There are plenty of career opportunities for flight attendants, and choosing this field is definitely sustainable. To be part of this cockpit staff and serve the customers properly, one must follow certain roles mentioned above. Airlines like Delta Airlines, Jet Airways, Go Air, Indian Airlines, British Airways, Lufthansa, Cathay Pacific, Gulf Air, United Air, Alliance Air, Singapore Airlines, Qantas Airlines, Air India and many more are reputed companies that hire candidates.
Generally, the salary received by a flight attendant at the beginning of her career can range from Rs 16,000 to Rs 30,000 per month. But it gradually increases with good experience and hours spent on the most important flights in the field. If a flight attendant completes her two years in the industry, she has a good chance of earning up to Rs 75,000 per month. Flight attendants have a variety of duties and responsibilities, but it goes without saying that the reward they receive is commensurate with the hard work, dedication and commitment they show to passengers during their journey.
Companies can offer different pay scales. Some pay less at first, others more, but according to PayScale, growth can be slow after that. It is the hostess who must make a conscious choice.
Quick tips to become a flight attendant
From what you’ve read above, it should be pretty clear whether you can make this aviation team or not. If you are looking for a quick guide, the following will surely help you.
- You must have a pleasant personality at all times. Make sure you work on all your personality traits and try to impress people, as this is the most important role of a flight attendant.
- Whether serving food or communicating with high blood pressure customers during the flight, the flight attendant must keep the flight running smoothly while the pilot does his or her job of landing the plane safely at the desired destination.
- The candidate for this position must be well qualified and able to perform all of the above duties and responsibilities. In addition, it is important to act quickly and judiciously when an emergency occurs and not to overreact.
- You must understand that this is an important career and it is foolish to take it lightly. So don’t hesitate to consult a career counselor before you decide.
- You have to be very confident when talking to passengers. It is also important to be clear about the flight you will be flying as a cabin crew member in relation to your passengers.
It is one of the most prestigious professions, with a higher application rate for women than men, but there is no doubt that such a career can only lead to success and great self-confidence, with a good salary compared to a regular IT job. Of course, there are other benefits, such as the ability to explore the world, meet new people each time, and be constantly in the air instead of being stuck in the hustle and bustle of the city.
Stewardess course – frequently asked questions
- What is the minimum education requirement for flight attendant training?
Admission requirements for flight attendant courses may vary from institution to institution, but the basic level of education remains the same in all cases. The candidate had to serve 12 years. Complete the first year with a minimum of 50%. It can also be a business, artistic or scientific discipline.
- Which education is better – diploma or flight attendant degree?
Both courses have their advantages and disadvantages. But instead of asking us, you have to decide for yourself. Although degree courses are shorter than degree courses, degree courses will always be considered inferior to degree courses. So, if you can invest some money and time, it would be best to look into UG flight attendant courses. That’s our recommendation. This does not mean that graduate flight attendant courses are worthless, but rather that they should not be compared to graduate flight attendant or UG courses.
- Is it important for a candidate to have completed a specific flight attendant course to become a flight attendant, such as a B.Sc. flight attendant course?
If you want to become a flight attendant and nothing else, a B.Sc. in Flight Attendant is recommended. However, if you study this course carefully, you will not be able to transfer to other areas. On the other hand, if you take courses like Bachelor of Aviation, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism Management, BBA in Tourism Management, etc., you can become a flight attendant, and if you are not successful in becoming a flight attendant, you can explore other career options.
- Are there entrance exams for flight attendant training?
To our knowledge, some universities and colleges require results of entrance exams for admission, but some institutions do not. These institutions admit candidates based on their grade 12 marks. In these facilities, a personal conversation can be held and a donation made.
- Is it true that flight attendants don’t have weekly vacations?
First of all, you should not compare the profession of flight attendant with any other regular field of study. While most workplaces have set work and vacation hours, this is not the case in the airline industry, especially for pilots and flight attendants. But that doesn’t mean they don’t have weekly vacations. Unlike other jobs, a flight attendant can decide when they need a week off.
- What is the maximum salary for a flight attendant?
The salary of flight attendants depends on the airline they work for. If it is an international company, it usually pays more than Indian companies. However, in general, the average salary of a flight attendant is INR 40000-60000. Some airlines pay nearly Rs 10 lakh a year.
- Is there a maximum age to train as a flight attendant?
Yes, there is a maximum age to take the flight attendant course. The minimum age is 18, the maximum age is 26.
So, what are you waiting for? It’s time to make a serious decision about your career. The role of flight attendant can be crucial, but if you support and follow it well, there is no turning back and success will always follow you.
Make the most of this incredible career and make sure you apply at the right time. After all, the demand is quite high and it would be wise to take the right approach and advise at the right time.
frequently asked questions
What are the training costs for flight attendants?
Stewardship training can be taken at three levels, in the form of a certification course, a diploma course and a license course. The course costs between Rs 50,000 and Rs 1,50,000, depending on the course and the institute.
What is the job title of a flight attendant?
With experience, a flight attendant can also work for international airlines. After retirement, a flight attendant can also take up ground duties such as B. B. Ticketing, reception, customer service, operations, flight attendant training, etc.
What is the best training for a flight attendant?