The Bachelor of Fashion and Fashion Design is a very popular course after Grade 12. Stylish. It is a four-year study program conducted according to the semester system. Each semester has different themes to teach students the important concept of fashion and fashion design. This course is specifically designed for students who want to work in the fashion industry. This course provides students with skills that will help them design accessories and clothing for brands or their clients. The course introduces students to the design process, including sketches and drawings of objects. Students also learn how to make patterns on clothing. In addition to all these subjects, students study the history of costume, merchandising, communication and surface design.
Another important skill needed in the fashion industry is that of presentation. What looks good sells. Therefore, students make several presentations to hone their skills. The curriculum of the Bachelor of Fashion and Fashion Design degree is a combination of theory and practical knowledge. Theory helps the student become familiar with the concept, while practical help helps the student apply what they have learned in practice. If you are also interested in pursuing a degree in fashion and design, you should definitely consider getting a bachelor’s degree in fashion and fashion design for your degree. In this article, we have listed many important details about the course and this will help you, especially if you are considering undergraduate studies in fashion and fashion design. Let’s get to the details.
Introduction to Fashion and Fashion Design Licence
We’ve already talked about a bachelor’s degree in fashion and fashion design, and you would have an idea. In this section we have included some additional information about the course.
- The typical length of study is four years, with two semesters per year.
- This course is designed for students who wish to pursue a career in the fashion industry.
- After the course you can find a job in the brands or open your own shop.
- After completing the course, you can also choose a specialization, such as production, engineering or another field.
- You can enroll in a graduate program and choose an MBA or even a master’s degree in fashion design.
- During the course you will learn many skills including computer aided design, clothing design, business management and much more.
- During the course you will learn about the visual form of design and clothing. You will have the opportunity to develop the creative approach that the industry needs.
Eligibility criteria for BFADcourses
Certain criteria are required to earn a bachelor’s degree in fashion and fashion design. More information can be found below.
- The candidate had to score 10+2 points with a recognized jury.
- The candidate must have achieved at least 50% in the jury examination.
- The candidate must have English as a compulsory subject.
Enrolment for BFAD courses
If you’re eligible for the course, you’ll want to know the admissions process. Below are some of the points you can take that will help you understand the admissions process for a bachelor’s degree in fashion and fashion design.
- Some universities offer admission based on merit. You have to fill in a form at these institutes and universities and wait for the list to be shortened. Once the list of candidates is available, you can apply and enroll in the university.
- Many other institutes require you to take an entrance exam in order to be admitted. In that case, you must fill out a form and take the exam. The threshold will be announced and if you meet the requirements, you can be admitted to the institute.
- Remember that two important elements of the admission process are the exam and the collection of documents. At various stages you will be asked for documents and required to produce them. You must pay the fee on time or your appointment may be cancelled.
- Some of the placement tests you should keep in mind are the EARLP, CEED, NID, and NIFT.
BFAD training in one year courses
If you want to know the topics of fashion and fashion design license, you can read the details in this section.
The first year…
- The basics of sewing
- The basics of pattern making and sewing
- Computer Basics
- Fashion element
- Elements of the design
- Analysis of fibre yarns
- Fiber Science
- Language 1
- Language 2
The second year…
- Business development
- Environmental Sciences
- Fashion Art Design
- Historical costume
- Indian Constitution
- Language 3
- Language 4
- Creation of models and clothing
- Traditional textile art
- Computer-aided garment design
- Documentation for the export of clothing
- Production of clothing
- Quality assurance of clothing
- fashion management
- Presentation of the portfolio
- I am the project.
- Workshop management
- Textile testing
- Internal trade
- Export promotion
- Fashion Review
- Fashion Retail
- Opportunities and challenges – fashion industry
- Project Overview
Top universities BFADCourses
It is always best to choose the best university when going to college. The best universities always improve your career prospects and make the job search easier. In addition, higher educational attainment improves employment aspects and contributes to higher wages compared to the market norm. Discover below some of the best universities, which are considered the best in India.
- Centre for Industrial Design, Mumbai
- National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad
- National Institute of Design, Vijayawada
- National Institute of Fashion Technology, Bangalore
- National Institute of Fashion Technology, Hyderabad
- National Institute of Fashion Technology, Kannur
- National Institute of Fashion Technology, Mumbai
- National Institute of Fashion Technology, New Delhi
- Institute for Symbiosis of Design, Pune
- World Design Institute, Gandhinagar
It should be noted that tuition fees vary from college to college. The minimum amount we faced this year is nearly 5,000 rupees and the maximum amount is over 1.5 lakh.
BFAD Career opportunities
A bachelor’s degree in Fashion and Fashion Design offers a lucrative career option for students interested in this field. Students can choose their area, work in a regular garment room or in a high-end garment room. Students can even create their own labels and strive to be a high class society. The best part of this course is that you will not only learn how to dress, but also how to outfit yourself. You will learn all about belts, jewelry, shoes, handbags and much more. Diversification reduces risk for you and allows you to focus on something extraordinary. You can even focus on specific categories such as carry-on luggage, business clothing or men’s clothing. It all depends on your interests.
At the end of the course you will also have the opportunity to study at a university. Many Indian institutes offer an MBA or Master’s degree in a similar field. If you want to work in marketing, you can even get an MBA in marketing and enjoy the best of both worlds. If you want to delve into international fashion, you can enroll in one of the foreign universities, which will significantly increase your exposure.
Recruiters in this field are brands, boutiques, design labels, colleges, universities, importing companies, multinationals, exporting companies, design companies and other such companies. Some of the e-commerce companies are also licensed in fashion and fashion design.
BFAD Appointments and salaries
In this section, we discussed the job title information you’ll find when you complete the work. Below you will find some information
- Fashion Designer
- Fashion wizard
- Fashion coordinator
- Fashion Designer
- Fashion Designer
- Product development assistant
The salary depends on the task and the sector of activity. The minimum wage for fresh aspirants is 3 lakhs rupees and the maximum wage depends on their qualification. We have seen that the maximum salary for a student with no work experience is seven figures. The average is between 6 lakh and 8 lakh.
Bachelor of Arts in Fashion and Fashion Design – Final Exam
We have all the information you need about Bachelor of Fashion and Fashion Design and hope this information will help you in your career choice. We have done that in certain areas, such as. B. selection criteria and admission procedure, general training. The best way to check the college’s information is to visit their website. You can even look on the university’s website for admission deadlines. With all this information, you are ready to enter the competition. If you have any questions about the course, you can also contact us and we will guide you with our knowledge and experience.
frequently asked questions
What is a bachelor of fashion science?
The Bachelor of Science in Fashion Design is a three or four year undergraduate degree that provides students with a solid foundation in the latest developments in the fashion industry. It is a popular choice for many people who want to transform their fashion ideas from original concepts to a profitable interface with consumers.
What kind of job can you get with a modeling degree?
Other common occupations in the fashion industry include visual merchandising (clothing and other), retail management, event management, sales, sewing, pattern making, costume design, wardrobe management, personal shopping, clothing styling, photography, modeling and jewelry design.
What is the monthly income of a fashion designer?
Fashion designer – average salary The average salary of a fashion designer is ₹43 810 per month (₹5 25,720 per year), which is ₹1 38,220 (+36%) more than the national average salary in India. A modeller can expect an average starting salary of ₹8 775. The highest salary can be more than ₹65 000.