Terrorism is a very real threat to the world today. It is not just limited to the Middle East but has spread around the globe.
Today, every nation is linked to other countries in such a manner that whatever occurs in one country may be seen in others as well. In the event of terrorism, it is even more effective. Terrorism is a worldwide issue.
Terrorism in the World’s History
Terrorism has been in human history for a long time. Jewish Sicily, for example, attempted to undermine Roman authority in the Middle East. He thought that Jews could not be governed by anybody else and that only God could rule them.
To achieve his goals, he targeted the Roman Empire’s Jewish supporters. Guy Fawkes, for example, planned a terrorist attack to install the Catholic Emperor over England.
The republic was established in France following a reign of terror, a time in which state-sponsored militants waged war on the aristocracy and anybody thought to be supporting them. And everyone is aware of the terrorism between India and Pakistan.
Humanity Is Under Attack
Terrorism refers to radicals who use terrorist methods to create fear in the hearts of people all over the world. This chilling strategy has succeeded thus far. The results of these methods are deadly since the targets are civilians and innocent people, and they are targeted in areas where they should be safe, such as schools, malls, shops, pubs, nightclubs, churches, and mosques.
As a result, terrorism is responsible for the majority of fatalities. Panic and rage are the immediate results. The terrorist assault has been blamed on everyone from governments to outsiders.
Terrorism’s long-term consequences, on the other hand, are very subtle. Terrorist strikes have a negative impact on public morale and generate a fearful environment.
Terrorist Attacks Around the World
- A Jewish gang assaulted the Syrian delegation’s main office at the United Nations on December 3, 1969.
- The United Nations threw a petrol bomb against the Iraqi mission office on March 3, 1971.
- In late 1972, a deluge of plastic explosives delivered to Scotland Yard in the guise of packages or letters prompted the London Post-Office to create a dedicated control center for the first time since WWII.
- On September 21, 1976, former Foreign Secretary Lando Letellier of Chile’s Alanday administration was murdered in an explosion in Sheridan Circle, Washington.
Terrorist Attacks in India from Around the World
- Long before September 11, 2001, the world became aware of the danger of terrorism. India has previously seen numerous terrorist acts, the first of which being the explosions at the Bombay Stock Exchange.
- Following then, there were many more assaults. On August 25, 2003, two suitcase bombs exploded, one at the Gateway of India and the other near Zaveri Bazar, killing 52 people and wounding over a hundred more.
- The most well-known and fatal assault took place on November 26, 2008, and lasted three days. It carried out coordinated assaults that included both bombing and shooting. They were responsible for the deaths of 164 individuals and the injuries of 308 others.
We must prioritize humanity above religion and caste. Nothing in the world is more powerful than love. God has taught us to love our neighbors, telling us to “forgive others’ faults as I forgive mine.” If we comprehend the essence of God’s message, the nation will emerge from the realm of terrorism, and love will reign supreme.