Guru Nanak is a religious and spiritual leader, born in the Punjab region of South Asia. His teachings spread across the world and he has been called “the father of the Sikh religion.” Guru Nanak was an innovator who challenged traditional beliefs about religion, caste, gender, and race.
Guru Nanak Dev Ji was a Sikh guru who founded the religion of Sikhism. He is widely recognized as the first of the ten Sikh Gurus and the last living human gurus of any religion.
Sikhism was founded by Guru Nanak Devji. Guru Nanak left his students and disciples with lessons that are still popular and relevant among his followers today. Guru Nanak Dev Ji’s spiritual instruction was the foundation of Sikhism.
Guru Nanak’s Background
Historians disagree on when Guru Nanak Dev Ji, the founder of Sikhism, was born, but many people believe it was on Kartik Purnima on April 15, 1469, and Guru Nanak Jayanti is observed on this day throughout the country.
Prakash Parv is a festival commemorating Guru Nanak’s birthday. Guru Nanak Dev Ji was born at Talwandi, a hamlet on the Ravi River’s banks. Which is now situated in Pakistan’s Lahore?
His hamlet, Talwandi, was renamed Nankana at the same time. Guru Nanak’s father was named Kalyan Chand, and he was a local tax official, while his mother was named Tripta Devi. Nanaki, his older sister, was his other sibling.
Guru Nanak Devji’s Extraordinary Personality
Guru Nanak Devji was a wonderful man who guided the world in the correct path. He was a brilliant philosopher, religious reformer, and prophet who taught people to love each other. He was also a wonderful poet, singer, and Rajyogi who taught people to love one other.
His brilliant ideas had a profound effect on others, and many people’s hearts were transformed as a result of his actions. The langar practice was originally established at Gurudwaras by the great-minded Guru Nanak Devji to remove caste prejudice and allow people of all classes to sit in a row and receive meals. At the same time, the langar tradition established by Guru Nanak Sahib is being practiced in every gurudwara today.
Teachings of Guru Nanak
Satguru Nanak Devji provided numerous lessons to his disciples to help them attain salvation and live a happy life, some of which are listed below –
- God can be found in every atom.
- There is only one God.
- Worship the same God at all times.
- Those who devote their lives to God with a sincere heart have no fear of anybody.
- Only truth, honesty, and hard effort should be used to gain money.
- People should always be joyful, and they should always seek God for forgiveness.
- Earnings from hard effort and honesty must undoubtedly benefit the poor and needy.
- Never consider doing anything terrible or hurting someone.
- Women and men are both equal and deserving of respect.
- Food is required to keep the body alive, yet greed is a terrible habit that deprives man of his pleasure.
- Never deprive anybody of their rights.
- Without any envy, one should live happily with everyone.
With his excellent teachings, Guru Nanak Dev Ji acquired a lot of reputation all across the globe, and he became extremely famous among the people. Gurunanak Ji was regarded as an ideal teacher, and his reputation went far and wide. He founded the town of Kartarpur, which is today in Pakistan, and he died in 1539 AD.
Guru Nanak Dev Ji is the founder of Sikhism and was born in 1469 in Punjab, India. He preached a message of social equality and universal brotherhood. His teachings are found in the Adi Granth, which is considered to be the holy scripture of Sikhs. Reference: 10 lines on guru nanak dev ji in hindi.
- 10 lines on guru nanak dev ji in english
- essay on guru nanak dev ji 500 words
- guru nanak dev ji essay in english for 3rd class
- guru nanak dev ji essay in punjabi pdf
- 10 lines on guru nanak dev ji in punjabi