We all have a career goal from a young age. Some students want to become doctors, and that is probably one of the noblest professions in the whole world. Doctors serve the community and are highly respected for their work. In India, doctors are often placed on a par with God. Becoming a doctor will not only bring fulfillment to your life, but also happiness to the lives of patients and their families. Becoming a doctor requires many different skills and qualifications. The career is rewarding, but the road to it is also very difficult. There are several areas of medicine and you can choose to become a doctor, surgeon, educator or specialist.
If you are considering becoming a doctor, you need to start preparing early. To become a doctor, you also need to develop your concentration, thinking skills, patience, compassion and emotional IQ. If you want to become a doctor and are looking for advice on careers in this field, you’ve come to the right place. In this article we have listed all kinds of information about the medical profession. Check the following information.
Criteria for admission to medical practice
There are several things you need to achieve your goal. In this section we have listed the selection criteria to become a doctor. Check the following information.
- To become a doctor, certain minimum educational requirements are required. The first thing we need to do here is make physics, chemistry and biology mandatory in 10+2. Mathematics students can also become PCB doctors, which is still an important subject.
- You also have to take a science course in Grade 10 and maths is another compulsory subject.
- You have to have certain skills, like. B. Ability to work long hours, concentration, teamwork, focus, diligence, and ability to relate.
- You also need to score 60% in class 12 to be ready for the entrance exam.
- You must have completed an MBBS degree from an accredited institution to be eligible for a doctorate, master’s or undergraduate degree.
- A master’s degree from an accredited institution is required for admission to doctoral studies.
Do you understand which area to choose?
There are several ways to become a doctor. You can see the details below.
- MBBS – This is one of the most popular courses to become a doctor. Students prefer MBBS, and after completing MBBS, they can choose their MD, and they can continue studying DM. Not only is it a popular specialty, but it is also the best way to pursue a career in medicine.
- BDS – There is too much competition in MBBS, in this case some students were not admitted to MBBS. Many of these students choose to attend BDS. In addition, some students want to become dentists. All these students should opt for the degree of Bachelor of Dental Science.
- BAMS – BAMS stands for Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery. If you are interested in Ayurveda, you can also opt for this course, which takes five and a half years.
- BHMS – Many people are dissatisfied with allopathic medicines. In this case, these people choose homeopathy. You can also become a doctor of homeopathy, and for that you can obtain a license in homeopathic medicine and surgery.
- BOOMS – Like Ayurveda and homeopathy, Unani is a fashionable branch of medicine. Students interested in unani medicine may also choose to pursue a degree in unani medicine and surgery.
The most common way for a student to become a doctor is through MBBS. In this article, we will mainly focus on the MBBS aspect.
Get admission in IBBS College in India
Since we are talking about MBBS, you need to understand that MBBS is a 5.5 year course. The division of these 5.5 years includes 4.5 years of training and one year of internship. The Medical Council of India (MCI) regulates this course and you have to take MBBS only from an institute recognized by the MCI. Here are the steps to follow to enroll in an MBBS school in India.
- You need to start the process by making sure you meet the admission requirements of the MBBS program. If you meet the selection criteria, you can go to the next step.
- You must now register for the entrance tests. There are many entrance exams for MBBS, but the most popular ones are NEET, AFMC and AIIMS. There are a few other entrance exams you can take.
- The next step is to take the exam. You can check the exam pattern on the website of a particular entrance exam. You must score well on these placement tests to be admitted to MBBS.
- After the exam, you must register with the universities. Once the cut is published, you can see where you qualify for approval. You must now complete the necessary paperwork to complete the approval process. This includes the verification of documents and the payment of deposits.
Admission to IBBS College outside India
Many students also choose to travel abroad to take advantage of their MBBS. There are many reasons for this, which we will not go into here. If you want to pursue MBBS in colleges outside India, you also have many options. Popular destinations are Nepal, Mauritius, China, Russia and Australia. For admission to MBBS course outside India, you need to have an admission certificate from MCI. You must also follow the country’s rules to be approved. Private universities abroad can be expensive. Make sure you check the details of the tuition fee structure before enrolling outside India.
Advice for students wishing to become doctors
You already know that becoming a doctor is a difficult road that requires a lot of work. The first step to becoming a doctor is to enroll in an MBBS school, and once you take this step, becoming a doctor becomes relatively easy for you. We want to give you some tips that will help you get a good university MBA. See details below.
- You need to start preparing early. Don’t wait till 10+2 to prepare for NEET or any other entrance exam.
- You have to start your education in class 10 or 11. Keep books and notes from class 10, class 11 and class 12 safe. You will need it to prepare for your entrance exams.
- You can also register with an institute that will help you prepare for the entrance exams. It is preferable to enrol as early as Grade 11 to allow sufficient time to prepare for the entrance exams.
- Avoid accelerated courses after Grade 12. Great, because there’s never enough. Accelerated courses are suitable for students who want to revise their curriculum. However, they are not for students who want to make a fresh start.
- There are many resources online, and you should take advantage of them to excel in these areas. Online videos can be a great way to learn about different topics.
- Take several practice tests and make sure you take them at a specific time. Measure your performance and identify your weaknesses.
- Many students focus only on biology, and that is a mistake. You need to focus on both chemistry and physics.
- It should also be noted that you should not try to answer all the questions in the entrance exam. Most of these studies are negative. You can skip a question you are unsure of. Don’t waste too much time with such questions. Many people end up with a low score because they try to ask questions they are not sure of.
What happens after I have received my MBBS diploma?
Once you have obtained your MBBS, you can continue your studies and obtain a master’s degree. You can choose the M.D., M.S. or MS. There are many options available and many colleges offer this course. The path is relatively easy if you are studying MBBS at an Indian university.
If you have completed your MBBS education at a foreign university and want to practice in India, you will have to take a test at the MCI. The exam is known as the Foreign Medical Diploma Examination and Indian students are required to take it. The exam is held twice a year and you need to score 50% on the exam to get a medical license in India. You cannot practice in India without taking the exam. This exam is organized by the National Examination Board. The disadvantage of taking an MVBS at a foreign university is that you have to take the exam and it can be difficult. You can continue your higher education in India after passing the exam conducted by MCI.
Best colleges in India for MBBS
Everyone wants to get their education from the best college in different medical courses in India. Once you have the list of top universities with you, you will understand which ones to focus on. This will also help you understand the cross section related to college. You will also gain a better understanding of the efforts required to be admitted to your dream university. Check out the list of best universities in India.
- Banaras Hindu University
- Bhartiya Vidhyapit
- BJ School of Medicine
- SMS Vellor
- DY Patil University
- Jawaharlal Institute for Post Graduate Medical Education and Research
- Kasturba Medical College
- King George’s Royal Medical University
- Manipal University
- PGIMER Chandigarh
- Pt Bhagwat Dhayal Sharma Institute
- University College of Health Sciences
- Vardhaman Mahavir Medical College
Employment opportunities for postgraduate researchers
As for career options, once you become a doctor, you have many options. Browse the list below to get an idea.
- You can work in public or private hospitals. You can also choose multidisciplinary hospitals to work in as physicians.
- You can also work in a nursing home, or you can choose to start in a primary care center.
- Many companies, industries, schools and corporations hire doctors because of certain government regulations.
- You can also work in the army. The easiest way to work with the military is to take an AFMC course.
- Finally, you can work with research, pharmaceutical or biotechnology companies.
When you start your career as a doctor, the pay is usually low. The starting point here is about Rs 4 lakh per annum. This may be more true for general surgeons, cardiologists, dermatologists and other types of physicians. As experience increases, so does salary. At the mid-level, you can earn a seven-figure salary. Once you reach a certain level of seniority, the pay is further increased. Many doctors work in a hospital and also have a clinic to make better ends meet.
It was about becoming a doctor. In summary, becoming a doctor is a 5-part process. You must be in the 10th grade. In the first year, students choose math and science. The next step is to choose a medical course in 10+2 format. After completing 10+2, you must appear for the placement test and safely enroll in MBBS or BDS. The following two steps will enable you to complete your MD/PhD program. You should always aim for government colleges for MBBS as they are very economical. Tuition fees at semi-private and private institutions can be very high. It is relatively easy to get a student loan, but the long term of the loan can cause you to start accruing interest. Becoming a doctor can be exhausting, but the rewards of this profession far outweigh everything else.
If you want to become a doctor in India, you will find most of the information on this page. If you have any questions, please contact us and we will do our best to help you.
frequently asked questions
How many years does it take to become a doctor in India?
Successfully complete the curriculum after enrolling in a good university. After 4.5 years of classical training and 1 year of rotating training you will receive the title of doctor. While an MBBS degree is sufficient to practice medicine in India, it is not the end of the road.
Is it difficult to become a doctor in India?
Although medicine can be considered a prestigious career, it can be difficult to be admitted to an MBBS program. However, if you are determined to work hard, becoming an MBBS doctor in India is not an impossible dream.
How many years does it take to become a doctor in India after 12th grade?