Do you like art? Are you someone who has an artistic mind full of creative ideas? Then you should try to make a career in graphic design.
Graphic design is a popular profession in visual communication that combines images, words and ideas to convey information to the target audience. It is also known as visual communication and communication design. Graphic designers can easily create visual solutions to communication problems here.
Who is a graphic designer?
Graphic designers are often employed in web design companies. They work closely with web designers to make photos, videos, web documents and various web applications look better.
Graphic design is a flexible profession and nowadays several web companies are always looking for talented and new graphic designers.
In India, these graphic designers help businesses communicate with customers by using images such as logos that immediately evoke a product. You’ve probably seen graphic design everywhere: on posters, packaging, labels and even movie credits.
What is the work of a graphic designer?
Graphic designers create messages using artistic elements such as illustrations, photographs, negative space and fonts. The department relies heavily on video editing software, technology including fonts and digital cameras.
This profession requires graphic designers to create layouts and sketches that are either drawn by hand or with the help of computers. The sketches are then updated based on collaboration with clients, supervisors and colleagues.
These graphic designers develop products, logos and websites for companies.
The graphic designer conveys the message of the project visually through colors, symbols and images. No company in this world has visual communication in the form of promotional materials, business cards, logos, etc.
This makes graphic design one of the most interesting and creative professions.
Conditions for the exercise of the function of graphic designer
Candidates who have passed the secondary examination in any field of study, arts/subjects or sciences can take a higher level graphic design course. Most reputable colleges even allow applicants to be admitted if they have graduated from a reputable board.
In addition, candidates can earn a bachelor’s degree in design to take the graphic design course at a college.
There are several graphic design courses, which seem conceptual and theoretical to become an expert graphic designer. You can also earn a practical certificate and a diploma, as well as training as a graphic designer.
In addition to print design, letter design, typography, illustration and photography, these courses also teach computer graphics, multimedia and web design. An experienced graphic designer should have a good knowledge of software and tools such as In Design, Corel Draw and Photoshop, which is very useful for a job as a serial graphic designer.
Skills required as a graphic designer
To become a good graphic designer, graduates must now possess a number of skills, including the following,
- Knowledge of programming language
- Time Management
- Software skills
- Can work together with the team
- Communication skills
- Detail work
- Visual design by
- Good interpersonal skills
- Working with a deadline
- Typographical knowledge
- knowledge of colour theory
- Basic drawing skills
Responsibilities of a Graphic Designer
- They are responsible for designing the visual identity of the brands. It includes creating logos, brochures, business cards and more.
- They work with images used in social media, as well as print and online advertising.
- Some graphic designers have even excelled at creating websites with custom Word Press and Adobe Muse website templates.
Graphic design Type
Graphic designers in India can do different types of graphic design. Includes,
- Animated graphic design
- Graphic design with visual identity
- User interface
- Graphic design for publications
- Graphic design of packaging
- Advertising and marketing Graphic design
- Graphic design for the environment
- Illustration and Art
Graphic design Optional course
To become good at graphic design, you need to have basic knowledge and concepts that can help you create innovative designs. You can choose any graphic design course offered by different colleges and institutes.
List of courses offered
- Bachelor of Fine Arts… This course is designed for four years. Shortly after completing the 10+2 course, you can join this course.
- BSC Multimedia is a three-year course for which you can enroll after class XII.
- Diploma in Graphic Animation – This can be obtained after graduation. This is a one-year course.
- Diploma in Graphic Design – You can do this after 10+2 and it is a short course of 6 months.
- The Master of Fine Arts (MFA) is a two-year fine arts degree that can be earned after graduation.
- A certificate in 3D animation is just a 3-month course. It is possible to continue after class XII.
Best universities and graphic design institutes
Candidates who aspire to a career in graphic design can enroll in a bachelor’s or master’s degree program in graphic design. Some of the best universities offer graphic design courses for candidates, among others,
After completing the graphic design course, it is possible to find a job as a designer, picture editor, graphic designer, etc.
If you are looking for the best graphic design colleges and institutes, you can join a reputed institution from the list below:
- National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad
- Arena Entertainment, Mumbai
- ZIKA, Mumbai
- Entry level animation training school in Bangalore
- Department of Design, IIT, based in Guwahati.
- TGC Multimedia and Animation, New Delhi
- Wadiya Institute of Design, Ahmedabad
- Pearl Academy and more
Complete graphic design programme
The curriculum for graphic design varies from university to university and also depends on the course. Candidates enrolled in a graphic design course will be notified in advance of the topics and themes that will be covered in a particular course.
Graphic Design Course Topics.
- Clamping sleeves
- Software and Tools
- Adobe Flash
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Adobe Audit
- The basics of computing
- Vector and other graphics
Career opportunities as a graphic designer
Career opportunities include print media design, website design, mobile application design, electronic publication design, and video design. Design is of utmost importance in advertising, media, marketing, promotion, publicity, communication for an organization in the private and public sectors.
Designers may work in service film design, in the entertainment industry, or in advertising agencies. They can set up their own freelance business. With a background in computer science, professionals can seek jobs in game design and software publishing.
Graphic designers can enjoy the benefits of communicating with teammates, including production specialists and editors, on team projects. Designers can also engage directly with customers, determine their needs and get their ideas approved.
With the right training and experience, graphic designers can advance to management positions such as design director and art director.
Graphic Designer Job Profiles and Key Recruiters
On completion of the graphic design course, the candidates are primarily employed by the companies listed below:
- Publishers and printers such as magazines, newspapers, etc.
- advertising companies
- Production company for television and multimedia
- Studio for web development
- E-learning agency
- Web Design Studio
- Upon completion of the graphic design course, which includes the course, it is possible to be hired in reputable professions,
- As a layout artist
- Flash animator
- Graphic designer
- User Interface Designer
- Web Developer and more
Types of jobs for graphic designers
As the world becomes more technological and innovative, the printing industry is also growing significantly. Once you become a professional graphic designer, you have several options for earning a good income.
- You can work from home as a freelance graphic designer.
- Can set up your own graphic design business
- Can work in any private company as a full-time designer.
- Ability to work part-time with multiple graphic design firms.
Graphic designer salary
The annual salary of someone with a degree in graphic design fluctuates between 2 and 7 million euros. Some candidates can even expect a higher salary package based on their qualifications and experience.
Moreover, their salary also depends on factors like the institute they come from and the company that hires them. If you have graduated from a university like NID or Delhi College of Arts and get hired by a reputed company, you can expect a salary of around Rs 25000 at the beginning of the month.
Some newcomers can also count on 10000-15000Rs. As you gain more experience and knowledge, you can get over 50,000 likes per month in the printing industry.
To become a graphic designer, you need to be creative and innovative enough. You also need to be a good listener and be able to understand customers’ needs and wants. It can help you shape your career easily and reach the heights of the printing industry.
frequently asked questions
What are the qualifications required to become a graphic designer?
Most professional graphic designers have a degree, HND or diploma in graphic design or another art and design subject. You should also be familiar with desktop design software such as Illustrator, InDesign or QuarkXPress, and image editing programs such as Photoshop.
How much are graphic designers paid in India?
Price list for graphic design
How do you start a career as a graphic designer?
Graphic Design – Career Development …