The most important thing man does to survive is eating. You must have heard the story of two cats where they fight for the butter, as the monkey comes in and take advantage of their illiteracy in mathematics. In that story, the monkey ate all their butter as the cat failed to divide that butter among them equally. So you must have understood from this story that how we can use mathematics in real life and why you should learn mathematics. You use mathematics in every aspect of life such as calculating the budget of the month. Subtracting your expenses from the earnings and dividing pizza among your kids. You should not remember the mathematics formulas instead you should understand them. There are many mathematical formulas that you can understand such as the area of the equilateral triangle formula.
As you are going to learn more about the equilateral triangle before that, let’s first understand the importance of mathematics. Almost everyone likes sports right from kids to older people everyone enjoys playing and watching sports. You must have seen basketball ground, football ground and cricket ground contains shapes rectangles, circle, and square shapes respectively. Sports also use angles. In construction, mathematics is important as it uses angles, length, height, and shapes. These are just a few examples of how mathematics is used in the real world. Mathematics is everywhere you just need a mind to see it. Also when you divide pizza among your kids you use fractions and your children learn from you. Also Read – 9 tips for a smooth Transitioning to Virtual Learning
A triangle is a shape that we see in our regular life. We solved many problems based on triangles such as logical, numerical, and many more. There are different types of triangles such as right-angled triangles, 30-60-90 degree triangles, equilateral triangles, and many more. You must have answered lots of questions related to finding the number of triangles, find the patterns of a triangle, find the oddly shaped triangle, find the area of a triangle, and many more. You must solve mathematics problems by considering their real-life example in front of you. Children face problems while remembering mathematics formulas like the area of the equilateral triangle formula but rather than remembering it you can teach them to understand them properly. In childhood life, your mind remains active all the time. That’s why what you teach to your children in childhood remains in their minds for a lifetime.
Let’s see how you can teach children all the formulas related to the equilateral triangle:
- Toys – A equilateral triangle is a triangle that contains equal sides and equal angles. You must have observed toys that are triangular some of them are specifically designed in an equilateral triangle shape. There is a specific reason behind it you can check whether the sides of triangle are equal are not by measuring the sides of that triangle.
- Signs – The formula of area of an equilateral triangle is multiplying the square of the side by root three by four. You must have observed the danger sign near the factory or the construction site. That is also a real-life example of an equilateral triangle.
- Chips – Everyone loves triangular-shaped chips and especially children are big fans of chips. So from next time onwards, you can ask your children to identify the type of triangle the chip is having. As you know equilateral triangle has all three angles of sixty degrees.
Following are some of the very basic tips which the kids should follow at the time of learning the formulas like area of the equilateral triangle and trapezoid so that they never forget it and implement it perfectly to the questions:
- The kids should always have a good command over the formulas because the formula is not a magical technique for trick and practising it perfectly is important. Hence, it is very much vital on the behalf of kids to be clear about the derivation and theorem of that particular formula so that everything can be perfectly implemented and understanding levels are given a great boost.
- Being aware of all the symbols used in the formula of the equilateral triangle area is very much important in the whole process so that kids are very much clear about every element and can substitute the values perfectly that will further allow them to reach the answers very easily.
- Normally the tutors go with the option of providing the kids with a comprehensive list of formulas which is of no use for them because cramming will never help in solving the overall purpose rather than basic ideas to memorise the formula with logic and proper practising so that kids never forget it and never seem to be confused.
- It is very much important for the kids to practically use the formula of equilateral triangle area with several kinds of real-life examples so that they can have a good command of the formula rather than simply cramming it.
- Using diverse media is very much important for kids nowadays because they can depend upon different kinds of resources like digital content like videos, flashcards, listing, practising of questions and several other kinds of things. Another very good way of learning different kinds of formulas is to speak them loudly like a teacher.
- The kids should also focus on improving their memory techniques by depending upon different kinds of systems like learning the formulas in the form of a rhythm or a favourite song or a poem with rhyming sounds and several other kinds of things so that they can create memories with the learning process very easily.
Now you must have understood how easy mathematics is if you study it by considering real-life examples. You can understand mathematics more practically if you study it from Cuemath. Now you must have understood similarly by imagining shapes in your mind you can also find the solutions to the problems based on the Equilateral triangle. So now don’t make your mathematics learning complicated connect them with your real-life examples. Make the mathematics subject interesting for your kids. Don’t let your kid think that mathematics is the most boring and complicated subject. Teach them mathematics concept-wise so that they can enjoy mathematics.